Monday, October 29, 2007

"Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers."
2 Corinthians 6:14

Should true worshipers shun all contact with people who engage in false worship? Should we hold ourselves completely aloof from those who do not share our faith? The answer is no. The second of the two greatest commandments states: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39) We certainly display love for our neighbors when we share with them the good news of the Kingdom. However, as Jesus’ followers we are “no part of the world.” (John 15:19) The term “world” here refers to human society alienated from God. (Ephesians 4:17-19; 1 John 5:19) We are separate from the world in that we shun attitudes, speech, and conduct that offend Jehovah. (1 John 2:15-17) Moreover, in harmony with the principle that “bad associations spoil useful habits,” we avoid intimacy with those who do not live by Christian standards. (1 Corinthians 15:33) To be no part of the world is to remain “without spot from the world.”—James 1:27. w 3/15/06 13-15a

YAYYY~! Today, I finished my last set of baptism questions with Ezra and I think it was cool. ;] I'm sooooo excited for the assembly this weekend and also, I get to meet BARBARA!! ^^ I miss her dearly T_T. Not only that, but hopefully, she will enjoy the assembly in VIETNAMESE ONLY ! >__<
I really do hope I don't cry at the assembly. I don't know why I get this emotional feeling randomly, even when I'm not sad, and just burst into tears. OOOH, maybe I'm too happy. hehe