Saturday, October 13, 2007

"You are my witnesses," is the utterance of Jehovah, "even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that you may know and have faith in me, and that you may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I-I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."
Isaiah 43:10-11
This verse answers the questions to why we are called Jehovah's Witnesses, and it also shows that the true God alone is Jehovah, which is his personal name.

Today, the Vietnamese group decided to meet over at my house and write letters to the "not at home" residents, that we never find when we are out in service. Lucy, Jamie and her mom, Kevin, Jerry, and Shelly and her mother came. That was awesome.

In the previous Ministry School, I found it interesting that people think that "there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving" is a proverb, but it is actually the words of Jesus in the book of Acts 20:39. Also, during that meeting time, I found an interesting verse. It was pretty random, but It really made me think. It's found at Matthew 12:25-26 "Knowing their thoughts, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand?"

Lately, I've been piled up with homework and studying for school, which I really want to quit. Even though I should have some kind of degree that would back me up in a case where I need to find a job, but right now, I have a decent job at State Farm. My parents keep pressuring me, telling me how much education is valued in Vietnam, yet, isn't the end coming near? A brother from the Vietnamese group encouraged me and said that I need to keep in mind that Jehovah's day is so close, that I should want to have the desire to pioneer even more so. Yep, that's right. My personal goal that I had originally wanted (and still do) was to find a job after high school and get straight into auxiliary pioneering so I can practice to become a regular pioneer. I honestly don't want to disappoint my parents, but I really feel the urge to quit school. I believe that Jehovah would deserve so much more out of me, and I think I can be more self-sacrificing. The reward at the very end of this system of things will be beyond anyone's imagination. Also, last week's watchtower spoke of how Jah will erase all the memories of our struggle for endurance and this system that is living under Satan's rule. Since all these things are promised and made possible only by Jehovah, God, why should I work hard to survive in this world? Living in a developing country, it is surely possible to survive. I can find a job anywhere. Oh yeah, I'm getting baptized in the first Saturday of November in San Jose, CA. Debbie and Jerry Trotter will be there, of course. A special someone that I miss so much from Minnesota is coming to see me get baptized, too. :0) My dearest, sweet, previous Bible instructor, Barbara, is coming! It'll be a cool surprise (even though it's not a surprise no more.. haha :P). She recently came back from Germany after some type of surgery, and now she has metal in her neck. I told her what Kevin always says, for encouragement, that when you feel that death is near, don't be afraid. It'll be a shortcut to everlasting life.

Oh yeah, I found a new activity that became my new best friend. :) My fear of swimming was drowning in the deep water, but now that I can swim in the lanes, it feels so stress free and sometimes relaxing, but man, I tell you, it's a work out.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm going on hike to Mount. Charleston, but that is, if Debbie will go, too, because we have a Bible study tomorrow. >_<