Sunday, October 21, 2007

"If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me."
Matthew 16:24.

Dedication is an essential step that must precede baptism. It is made in prayer, in which we express the desire to give our life to Jehovah through Christ. (Romans 14:7, 8; 2 Corinthians 5:15) Jesus outlined three things that we must do. First, we “disown” ourselves. In other words, we say no to our selfish, imperfect inclinations and yes to God’s counsel and direction. Second, we ‘pick up our torture stake.’ In Jesus’ day a torture stake was a symbol of shame and suffering. As Christians, we accept our part in suffering for the sake of the good news. (2 Tim. 1:8) Although the world may ridicule or reproach us, like Christ we ‘despise shame,’ happy in the knowledge that we are pleasing God. (Heb. 12:2) Finally, we follow Jesus “continually.”—Psalm 73:26; 119:44; 145:2. w 4/1/06 8, 9

Yay, I love how this topic on baptism happened to be today. Today, after the public talk, which is the Watchtower Study, I met up with Jerry and Kevin to go over the first part of the baptism questions. Man oh man, I always end up tearing up somewhere, but this time, I felt strong and I wasn't balling like a baby, hehe. Anyhow, I have to remember that first thing on my list is seeking first the kingdom, my top priority. I feel that I really should drop school, even though I know I need some kind of degree to serve as a backup, I still need to focus on Jehovah's upcoming kingdom (I don't know if that was the right way to say it hehe). Exclusive devotion involves with serving Jehovah and loving him with our whole hearts, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:30). If we serve Jah with our whole hearts, we are not setting any room for anything else. I liked how Jerry mentioned that and emphasized more on the "whole hearts" part.

OOOOOH, I can't wait for baptism. I'm nervous, but it feels good and exciting. Also, I can't wait to see Barbara!! AHHHH, I hope there are others who are getting baptized also. I have to remember, this is the FIRST step. Many view baptism as the last step, but that is a no no. :)

WOOOOH~!!! ooga ooga. xD
and oh my word... Kelly's baby looks SOOOOOOO cute! AH, adorable! I hope I get to babysit that little monkey. =P haha